Wednesday, April 4, 2007
One year old
A year ago today, this blog was born. It should now be able to:
- have mastered fine motor skills, able to pick up and put down toys at will
- feed itself and particularly enjoy finger-foods (finger-words? finger-links?)
- be an expert crawler
- wave goodbye, point, nod, and shake its head
- realize it misses me when I’m not around (perhaps I should do better about being around more often)
- understand the word “no”
- enjoy simple sorting games to increase its mental dexterity
- respond to its own name
- learn that doing one thing leads to another happening
- take some of its first unassisted steps
- start to become shy of strangers or people it doesn’t see very often (though I’m not sure whether this fact would encourage people to visit more often, or to avoid visiting altogether)
And in addition to all of these ordinary 1-year-old milestones, this blog has gone several times from DC to Seattle to Seoul and Shanghai, and never once cried on an airplane. Now that’s an accomplishment!
So here’s to the birthday of the blog. May it soon walk longer distances on its own, learn a few nouns, and point to parts of itself when someone says the names of them.